Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's a BOY!!!!

I had a CVS test last week which checks the chromosomes from the placenta, and it revealed that I am pregnant with a boy!! What exciting news, although I have to admit I was a little taken aback because I am so used to girls! Brad is excited, though he doesn't show it. We are both very cautiously excited because Rachael's DNA showed to be perfect and we all know what happened there...

We will keep praying that this baby will be healthy. I have told the perinatologist to check the hands, feet, cord and amniotic fluid early on, as those were telltale signs with Rachael that we did not know pointed to a problem.

It is so hard after you have a baby with a birth defect. You just expect the baby to be perfect, like Emma is. But after the trauma of Rachael's diagnosis, you just worry and worry.

Rachael, by the way, is doing nicely. She is progressing on her own timeline. She likes to sit in the jump n go now, and has finally started bouncing in it. We put on her "squeak" shoes and she likes to make them squeak. We continue to pray and hope for the best that Rachael will be fine and will lead a normal life as she grows. She certainly is a sweet, sweet baby...

2 comments:

Erin said...

So excited for you!! I'm also impressed by your honesty about your fears. I will be praying for your baby boy and for your patience and strength through this pregnancy.

Vanessa Lurie said...

Mazaltov! How exciting that you're having a boy. I'm thinking of you and pray for him to be healthy and happy.

Love and hugs
Vanessa