In front of Tony Romo's locker
Many of the people who read my blog live outside the United States. Heck, they live on the other side of the earth! (Renate is in Portugal, Maria is in Macau, My Uncle Gunny is in London, Robert Schweitzer is in Australia, Cathy Berk is in South Africa, the list goes on...) So I am going to give a really basic explanation of Texas Stadium and The Cowboys for those people who don't know about them! Actually, the truth of the matter is that I don't know much about football either, but here goes. The Dallas Cowboys are our local football team and their stadium, Texas Stadium, is going to be demolished this year as they build a new, fancy stadium in Arlington (about 45 minutes away). One of the moms at Emma's school is in charge of all special events for the Cowboys (does that sound like a fun job or what?!!). She organized this event for us at Texas Stadium Sunday morning...Bounce houses, face painting, slides, food, touring the locker rooms, etc. Brad's Dad is a huge Cowboys fan, so he came along with us. He was most excited about seeing the locker room and we were all a little surprised at how small it seemed. (It was built in the 70's). I took a photo of Brad, his dad, and Emma in front of Tony Romo's locker. He is the only Cowboy I have really heard of and the only reason I know him is because he is dating singer Jessica Simpson, so I hear about that on Entertainment Tonight and in People Magazine (I told you I don't know much about football!!)
Anyway, the event was a BLAST. Emma had so much fun and so did we. It was really neat to stand on the field and look out onto all the seats in the stadium. Also, the caricuture artist did an awesome drawing of Emma (I'll try to take a photo of it and post it later). I just hope we get to do this again next year at the NEW stadium!
No comments:
Post a Comment