After a couple of grueling weeks of market, I'm back and ready to blog again, but don't have much to blog about! Market was actually fun. It was nice to get dressed up each day and have people say I looked nice (me? I usually wear sweatpants and T-shirts, so I've forgotten about compliments). It was also fun to meet with customers, see new trends and do a little shopping for myself! Sales were definitely down, though more so in Atlanta than Dallas. Some say that Dallas is a bit more protected from the recession because of the oil industry here. Who knows? I'm just glad we're not in as bad of a recession as some parts of the country.
So now we have a new President in office and I can't say that the President used to live in the house across the road from me (President Bush lived in that house until he became Governor in 1994. He will be moving a few miles from here...needless to say I have not been one of the onlookers who have gone to check out his "new" house).
Let's hope 2009 will show some economic improvement, though I'm not holding my breath yet! But I am optomistic that things will start to be better in about a year. I am working hard on some new products and having fun with it, though am stressed as well because of the deadlines. Stay tuned and I'll be showing samples in a few months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice to see some news from you and your business. Kisses. Sole.
Welcome Back - Glad your trips went well! Have a wonerful weekend with Brad and the girls!
Big hug!
Ingrid
and that would be WONDERFUL weekend... you know me, always rushing....
Post a Comment