Sunday, March 22, 2009

American Girl Doll


We bought Emma her first American Girl Doll in an effort to get her to grow her hair. She pulls it out around the swirl at the back of her head, making it thin in that spot. She started tugging on my hair when she used to nurse, but when I weaned her a 20 months, she started playing with her own hair in an effort to comfort herself. Eventually it led to pulling her hair out, to my horror! It is much improved since about a year ago, but we bought her this doll and tell her to pull dolly's hair instead of her own. (she only does it when she is in bed now). I figure the $100 the doll cost is a lot less that I would pay for therapy!!!

I found this cute dress for Emma with a matching dress for Hannah (her latest name for the doll, after her cousin Hannah) Sometimes, she is Tasha, after Hannah's sister, Natasha. (the 2 girls introduced ME to the American Girl Doll craze many moons ago). I hope Hannah and Natasha will read this post and smile!

2 comments:

Erin said...

So cute. Love the matching dresses!

Anonymous said...

i am smiling!
-hannah