Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rachael's Doctor Appointment

We took Rachael to the doctor today for her 9-month appointment. Poor little pumpkin got a shot in her leg (which I didn't witness, but daddy did...I always leave the room because I get too upset).
We have taken Rachael to MANY doctors in her short 9 months. She is certainly behind physically, but we are going to physical therapy each week, which helps. Rachael was 14 pounds, 10 ounces today and she had grown 2 inches to 25 1/2 inches (I think that was the measurement...I already filed away the paperwork in my office!) She is still not even on the charts for her stats, but neither was Emma and she is healthy as can be!
Rachael is still not even sitting up by herself yet, which is hard for us since Emma was walking by 10 months. But we have faith that she will be OK in time. She is starting to play with toys more and can be put into a sitting position for several seconds...though she can't stay there by herself. She is such a sweet little baby...we really do love her. It has been a hard transition for all of us, but with time, things get easier. Thank you all for all of the prayers for Rachael...and for the continued ones...

No comments: